Wished we would have opted for a smaller ship

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Norwegian Getaway

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: May 08, 2016

Ship: Norwegian Getaway

Review Summary

Ship too crowded, not enough outdoor areas, we are in our 50's and felt as if we were treated as children- don't eat there, don't smoke there- too many rules and not enough areas to just relax without huge crowds esp on sea days.  Some of the workers tended to be rude to an extent.  Norweigan does not apply the do it your way, do it when you like at all.  I have cruised twice before and never felt this way and the last cruise was on Norweigan and that is why I chose again, but it sure was a different scenario this time around, makes me never want to cruise again.

Ship Experiences

Was disappointed in the lack of choices for dinner on menus however the quality of the food was usually very good, don't think they should have up charge foods on menus- I thought that was what the specialty restaurants were for.

too crowded

Areas for entertainment/parties at night were way too crowded as well as the ship not having enough pool area.

Manny and Alex in the Bar on Deck 8- great and funny- nice relaxing place to be- too bad the bar wasnt bigger because they were always busy, not enough places to sit, esp for a smoker. Also our cabin steward Jess- he did an outstanding job to always make sure we had whatever we needed, ie: ice x2 daily and room was always spotless.

was clean however not enough deck space for 4000 people during sea days

Was awful- I will NEVER cruise again in an inside room, it made me feel claustrophobic and was very dry, woke up with a bloody nose and coughing so bad I had to go out of room to an outside area to get air and catch my breath. The only good thing about our cabin was our cabin steward and how nice he always made it for us.

Do not book an interior room unless you absolutely have to, I figured we wouldn't be spending much time in so it wouldn't matter but it does.

Ports Of Call

Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

very pretty mountainous areas, had a zipline excursion booked but had to cancel

Belize City, Belize

Goff Beach was beautiful for snorkeling in clear waters and cooling off on a hot day

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

only went to shopping areas in port which was not very much of an area

Beautiful beaches and lots of nice shopping, however the locals are always trying to pull you in their shops and beware of those trying to sell you something at their Pharmacies.