Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Incident on the Norweigen GEM

Sail Date: March 18, 2015

The 9 day cruise was gear more towards the older crowd. Although I had fun because I was with my family I wish that they would have told us that this particular cruise was about 60%-70% over 65 years of age. I viewed a passenger go down and "faint" or was having some kind of cardiac issue and as a nurse I could not just walk away so I stayed with the patient and the dermatologist until help came. I asked the Spa people (incident happened outside the Spa) if they had a code cart because clearly the passenger needed oxygen. And also if they had called a code. A code was called and then I saw personnel running to help the patient. I did not hear any code being called prior. There should be some kind of procedure in case something like this happens (ex: Don't think twice call a code right away!) especially in a cruise with so many older people. You need more medical assistance with a cruise that has as many older people as this one had. Otherwise, I had a good time and enjoyed myself but not like the past cruise I had taken with Norweigen.

instead of two bunk beds we had a cot which was uncomfortable.
Past cruises had better activities. This one was geared more towards the older crouwn
New York, New York
Well organized to get on the ship
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Nice but the drivers outside try to take advantage of you and your money. Need to be careful and warn the passengers
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Nice people
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Lots of construction!! Not much to see, too much walking to the shops

Personnel were very friendly and cordial. Rooms were kept clean and food was good