Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Sailing Away

Sail Date: June 07, 2015

There as no problem with the security process in embarkation and disembarkation on the cruise.  Debarking at ports was very easy as long as you had your cruise card----it was used for everything debarking, food, beverage and using the room number for incidentals was very easy.  The fitness area on the cruise ship had every piece of exercise equipment you could think of----easy way to maintain your weight with this fitness room.  They had fitness activities going on every day, although my husband and I were touring every day so could only use once we boarded the ship after tour, if time was available.  We used it on one full day of sailing and when we returned early from one of the tours.  Our steward, Rafael, was superb!  He was friendly, knew our names as he greeted us, replenished everything in the room and make cute little creatures with our towel.  The specialty restaurants - Teppanyakki, Moderno, Le Bistro and Cagneys --- we had wonderful service and delicious food.  La Cucina was moderate.  I enjoyed the Dueling Piano Bar group----those three individuals were very talented---could sing, and all of them could play the drums and piano, plus Tobin could play in addition to those two instruments the bass guitar and violin.  They were fantastic and very interactive with the audience.  If there were songs they could only remember some of the words, they adlib the rest----amazing three guys---huge KUDOS to them!!!!!  I thoroughly enjoyed Scott singing just like Louis Armstrong and Kermit the Frog singing Rainbow Connection.  The other show was the Supreme Dreamgirls - singing Motown songs and interacting with the audience.  All three had great voices!!!  My husband and I also visited the ICE BAR---10 degrees and had two drinks that kept us warm----lots of fun!   This ship had a lot to do on it and if you could not find something to do, then it is the person's fault.  The captain was on time to every port.  The tenders were waiting for you as long as you booked a tender in advance.  We had a cabin with a balcony and could not believe all the storage room we had.   I would definitely cruise on NCL again.   the only think I would like to have been able to print out an itinerary for the shows we booked.  It was indicated to me they were trying to save paper, however, for every drink and meal 2 or 3 sheets of paper had to be signed, which seemed a little ridiculous! Also, we paid for gratuities in advance and then found out from our steward that he never received anything so we left him a gratuity.  I probably would not pay for that in advance again.

Found drawers under bed and sofa for extra storage. There were plenty of cabinet space. Found it to be very comfortable.

1 Comment