Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

New Year's Eve on Jewel of the Seas

Sail Date: December 26, 2016

Overall we had a relaxing vacation on RC's Jewel of the Seas.  The staff was excellent and we really enjoyed the trip. Our servers Mario Sual and John Castro - always were prepared when we arrived in the dining room. We kept requesting them to be our servers each night. They got to know us, gave us tips about the ship!  Mr. Marko in Latte-tudes makes the best espresso drinks - with much humor!  He too offered suggestions about what to do in each port.

Happy

Cruise Photos

Mr Wilton took good care of us and our stateroom. He was friendly and always had a smile.
Awesome! My husband left something in our room after we disembarked. The staff promptly returned to the room to get it and brought it to customs. Thank you - We appreciated it very much.
Wonderful Island destinations.
Mediocre at best. With it being a New Year's cruise, we expected the activities to be exciting leading up to the big New Year's Eve party which fizzled out around 1am.
Children's Programs I did not have children on the ship but the ones I saw seemed to be having a GREAT time.
Entertainment on the ship was certainly lacking. I expected to have better nightly shows and activities - especially when I decided not to get off in a port - or just wanted to do something different. Past cruises I have taken would have announcements about ship activities as they were occurring so there would be more excitement and participation.
SERVER: Mario Sual
Assistant Server: John Castro
Stateroom Steward: Mr. Wilton

These three men were fabulous! They were very accommodating in EVERY way. Anything that was needed, any questions asked, and suggestions requested - they were always ready with an answer and would get back to you if needed. Thank you all for excellent services
Food was very tasty! Plenty of options throughout the day. We were pleased.

Mr. Marko at Lattetudes was AWESOME! He made the best espresso drinks for us every day!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
St. John's, Antigua
Roseau, Dominica
Be careful with pricing and conversions. We were told one price in USD and the store's conversion was $27 more!
Bridgetown, Barbados
St. George's, Grenada
We were steered by the ship staff to visit two restaurants BB Crabback and Coconut Beach. My husband and I never ate while we were on the island because of the poor services received at both restaurants. We ended up wasting 4 hours of travel between the restaurants due to poor service and not receiving our food orders for more than 1 hour while others were served. Disappointed, we took the ferry and returned to the ship. Did not see Grenada at all. The attitudes of the people we interacted with left a bad taste in our mouths - unfortunately- bad attitudes are the only thing we TASTED on Grenada!