Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Love the Radiance Class

Sail Date: March 20, 2016

We've been on 17 cruises now and we love the Radiance Class ships the best of all that we've experienced.  We sailed on the Oasis last summer and while the Oasis is nice, it feels more like I'm inside a large hotel than on a cruise ship.  I want to feel like I'm at sea, so I think we'll be looking for a more reasonably sized ship from now on.  We love the fact that you can see water from just about anywhere within the ship when you are on a Radiance class ship.  The size and layout of the ship make you feel like you are out at sea.

Deck 5 is my favorite place.  I really enjoy walking all the way around the ship and being so close to the water.  It's a great place to take a nap in a chair or just stand by the railing and be mesmerized by the waves.

Embarkation was a breeze as was debarkation.  Service was good throughout the ship.  We especially enjoyed Henri at the Sports bar and Angela in the Vortex Lounge.  We're not picky eaters and in my mind, cruise ship food is cruise ship food.  There's always plenty of variety for everyone.  Our only complaint would be that they shut down the Windjammer too early in the evening.

The Jewel was of course showing some wear, but you would expect that two weeks before it goes into dry dock.  We knew that going in.  When we do Alaska next year and in our other travels, we will definitely be looking for a Radiance class ship.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Bridgetown, Barbados
We booked the Cool Runnings catamaran cruise through the Cool Runnings website.
Castries, St. Lucia
St. John's, Antigua
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Buck Island is amazing, but we did that last time we were here. This time we went to Christiansted and wandered around. Not much to see. It was nice sitting outside at Rum Runners and having lunch however.