Even better than expected

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 28, 2015
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
Cabin Number: 2023

We took this cruise mainly for my Mom, who told me she'd always wanted to see Alaska.  Mom had a great time, and as it turned out, my wife and I also had a blast.

I'd have liked to have combined it with an interior Alaska tour, but Mom has limited mobility, so I figured the cruise was the best option.  Although we only got to visit Juno and Skagway, we took a Jeep tour into the Canadian Yukon Territory as well.  This cruise turned out to be the perfect choice for Mom. I highly recommend it.

We got a balcony stateroom for Mom and our cousin, while my wife and I got the cheaper interior stateroom. While the views from the balcony were nice, when my wife and I do another cruise we'll probably save the money and get another interior stateroom again. There are plenty of other areas of the ship to enjoy the view from.