Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Wonderful Experience

Sail Date: April 04, 2015

From the minute we got to the port, the experience was wonderful.  It was obvious to me, since I have sailed from San Juan twice previously, that Royal Caribbean has duly noted feedback on the boarding process.  They have taken steps to avoid long lines at the pier.  We waited maybe 15 minutes from the time our taxi dropped us off until the time we were at the desk receiving our welcome packet.

Our luggage was in our room within a reasonable amount of time;  we weren't there when it arrived, but when we got to our room before dinner, the bags were there.  Previously we waited several hours to get our luggage.

This is the first time I've done My Time dining.  I was not sure what to expect.  While we did have the same time every night, I now realize that you can reserve a different time each evening and you can reserve a table with other passengers if you do desire.  The difference I saw in this was that you eat in the upper level of the dining room.  Due to the set times in the lower level, they are more apt to plan the recognition events such as for the chefs and wait staff.  The shift in timing upstairs does not really allow for them to plan the "processions" and such.  This was noticeable to me as a frequent cruiser; others may not even notice the difference.

Our shore excursion experience was just awesome.  We participated in the off-road adventure in St. John's.  We had Henderson as our driver and he was fabulous;  the tour was so much fun and the beach stop was gorgeous.  It's a bumpy road at times, so I'd warn folks with back or neck issues to be aware of that.

I truly enjoyed the entire trip;  the ship, the staff and everything about it resulted in a fabulous, fun and also relaxing vacation.

Clean and easy to navigate
Write a comment.
Kudos to Brazillio!!!
Only attended one show and it was just okay.
Children's Programs n/s
I loved the adult team event on Wednesday night....don't miss it!
Loved St. John's and St. Lucia the most
Cabin / Stateroom The configuration of the closet is a bit different than other ships....closet shelves were not of much use. There is not really a good spot for the trash can; we kept moving it from under the desk chair to next to the love seat so we could access it.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Took an independent trip to Old SanJuan in the evening for dinner at a local spot. Walking around was very nice. It is safe and "artsy".
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Lots of shops were closed as it was Easter.
St. John's, Antigua
Beautiful beach
Fort-De-France, Martinique
The people did not seem thrilled with our visiting their location.
Castries, St. Lucia
We took an independent excursion by Israel King. He was absolutely fabulous taking us to many coves and beaches. Rave reviews on Trip Advisor!
St. George's, Grenada
Loved getting the pure vanilla and spices, but did not venture out....many people begging here.

Sushi in the Windjammer was a frequent visit of ours at 6:30 before heading to the dining room for a late dinner.

1 Comment