Bait and Switch Tactics on 1st Night. Very Poor Customer Service.

Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Island Princess

7 Night Voyage Of The Glaciers Northbound (Vancouver To Anchorage)

Sail date: June 05, 2019

Ship: Island Princess

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: B323

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Added to the above, simply poor service. Uncaring, non-smiling, complacent staff who do a major disservice to the passengers. I am frustrated with the lack of responsibility and lack of fair play and good will Princess Cruise Line showed us.

Embarkation

Rude hurried workers.

Ship experiences

TBD

TBD

Several concerns about this cruise and their staff. The Princess cruise staff placed in each cabin a flyer stating that for $7 per person per day, you may purchase soft drinks, juices, etc. package. I went tonight to buy it for my 3 kids, I was told that, "starting today, it is $9.99 + tax per person per day." I showed them their Princess cruise ship paper that stated it was $7 per day per person. THEY ARE REFUSING TO HONOR THEIR FLYER!! I have spoken with 2 staff, 1 jr supervisor, and 1 manager. They are not willing to budge. They even said other passengers are upset about this as well. That's about $251.79 for kids drinks and they do not drink sodas, only juice. We are now in the process of demanding a refund for this blatantly obvious bait and switch. The $2 per person per day variance isn't a wallet breaker, it is strictly THE VIOLATION OF THE PRINCIPLE that Princess Cruise Lines NOT honoring their own paperwork/flyers. Second, no employee we've seen to date smiles or seems happy. On Disney cruises, everyone we encountered smiles and communicates very well. Not on this Princess cruise line. I am saddened and dismayed by the poor treatment received by staff and management. Third: The food doesn't taste fresh at any of the meals to date. Very disappointed.

Ship tip

Sail with another cruise line, NOT PRINCESS.

Ports of call