Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

great time

Sail Date: October 17, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

I was disappointed in the overall appearance of the ship, based on a prior experience with Princess but taken into account the age of the ship and it had a reno  in 2015, it was good. Food service and room Stewart service was fantastic!

I was disappointed in the excursions offered especially in Huatulco, where the bus drove around in circles. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of excursions available (not) for handicap. When the tour office was questioned we were told that it was too expensive to have accessible tours for handicap. For the abundance of wheel chairs, scooters and walkers you contend with on this cruise I think it is a travesty that they could be afforded accessible excursions in every port, that is where customer service lacked 100%. Shows were wonderful, some of the best I had seen on a cruise. Going through the Panama Canal was wonderful, the guide that narrated through the trio was very knowledgeable but did tend to be a little monotone. The crew that ran the food service and the wine tastings I cannot say enough wonderful things about, they are dedicated and hard working, the food was fantastic!

1 Comment