Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Purser

Great Alaskan land and sea tour1

Sail Date: May 18, 2016

My favorite part of the cruise was the fact the cruise ship could actually get very close to the glaciers. This made for great photo ops.  The tour guide was very informative about the entire area.

The least part I liked was the entertainment.  It really needs to be better.  It's the worse entertainment of all the other cruise ships I have been on (5). Also, while trying to navigate my way around the casino with a walker became very frustrating as stools were blocking your way to go down the aisles. This led to my saying forget it and leaving because I could not get past people sitting at machines.  Beverage service in casino was slow. Most of the time the servers were at the bar talking to each other and not roaming the floor.  All I wanted was a bottle of water and it took 15 to 20 minutes before I could flag down a server.

Please put better signage out by all elevators - some of us are a little visually impaired with cataracts and the gold backing which is pretty and the black letters were just too small for us to see from a short distance, you had to walk up to the wall and read carefully to see what deck you should be going to.  Letters need to be larger. Better signage should also be in the cabin hallways, hanging up directing you to aft, starboard, elevators (under the exit signs) would be most helpful.

All in all the trip was good.

Boat lacked excitement to get people to participate in onboard activities.
Only good entertainment was a piano player. Other entertainment definitely needs improvement.