Alaska..Not to be Missed!

Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Night Voyage Of The Glaciers Southbound (Anchorage To Vancouver)
Sail Date: May 18, 2016
Ship: Island Princess
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: C728

This cruise is worth it for the views.  Alaska is breathtaking and the inside passage was the best choice.  Island Princess is a beautiful ship.  While other reviews complained about the addition of passengers after the dry dock, but our group did not notice any overcrowding.  In fact, I've sailed on much larger ships and felt very overcrowded.  The staff went out of their way to provide great service.  I did have a couple of issues with food safety and handling, but once the issues were brought to the attention of the staff, they were addressed immediately.

While the food was good, I have to downgrade my rating because I found hair in my dessert and saw an employee use his bare hands to grab shredded cheese and put it on someone's omelette.
Also, I can't understand why the Bayou Cafe lists several cuts of steaks on the menu, but only had a petite filet available to serve.

Unfortunately, the entertainment on Princess cruises is always mediocre. This is my fourth Princess cruise and the quality of entertainment has not improved. The only bright spot was the pianist performance.

Not applicable.

Cabin was well appointed. Cabin steward was not the best cleaner. He did minimal work. Also, there was vibration in the cabin, but it was not constant.

Choose a set time for dinner. The lines for anytime dinning were sometimes an hour or more wait. If you want to see a show, get to the theater at least 30 minutes early in order to get a seat. Do try the specialty restaurants.

Not enough wheelchairs for the handicapped.