Crown Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: First Mate

LOVED ALASKA

Sail Date: August 29, 2015

The weather leaving Seattle was rainy and we expected the same for the entire trip per the forecast but only had rain in Juneau and then glorious glorious sun!

My husband and I traveled with my mom and aunt (my aunt had broken her foot a few weeks prior to travel but she was able to get along with a walker).  The rooms were nice, I really liked the closet space and amount of hangers they provided.  And I can't say enough about the glorious feather pillows- but thats where my praise ends.  My aunt needed to ice her foot daily and although this was made clear to our room attendant, we had to remind him daily.  I'm a fan of the towel animals, silly I know, I asked every night and finally received one that was held together with tape-lol.   The elevators were a joke, it really was quicker to walk the stairs but my mom and aunt couldn't, so we stuck it out.  The Horizon Court was also a joke, I have never seen such a cluster day after day and it never improved. The guest would just sit at the table for hours with no consideration for those trying to sit down to eat.  There were plenty of other inside areas to sit and visit.  The main dining room was acceptable, but nothing beyond that. The Princess Theater is tiny and was over packed for ever show (people were allowed to sit in the isles and on the steps :(

With that said the ports were glorious as was the weather.  Yes it rained in Juneau, but we had planned for this and stayed dry and warm.  We booked the Juneau Glacier/Whale watch combo and loved every minute!  We were lucky and were able to see Humpback and Orcas, multiple times.   And the seafood was out of this world!  In Skagway we booked the Yukon Discovery Tour and had a blast!  It was our drivers 12th season and he had wonderful insight and great stories to share.  We even enjoyed a little snow on the way up to the Yukon Territory.  The weather could not have been better in Tracy Arm Fjord and we were able to get very close to the glacier.  In Ketchikan the sun shined all day and we enjoyed a lovely walk around town.  Arriving so late in Victoria was a little disappointing but it was perfect for great sunset photos (the souvenirs were the $$$ here).  We loved our Alaskan adventure but will not travel Princess again, there are just better cruise lines.

** For some reason most of my photos were too large to post- but a few worked.

Cruise Photos

Because we had a guest with a walker we were given preferential treatment or I think this would have been a :(
The ship is definately ready for an update. It was clean though threadbare in spots.
Just gross. But on the good side, I actually lost weight this cruise ( a first).
Seattle, Washington
Juneau, Alaska
Definitely make the glacier and whale watching part of your port experience. We booked with Juneau Whale Watch and had a great time!
Skagway, Alaska
I recommend Frontier Excursions- they were great!
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Ketchikan, Alaska
This is a very walkable town.
Victoria, British Columbia
Take the double decker bus into town (very cheap round trip) and enjoy the sights.

1 Comment