A HUGE Disappointment...

Costa Luminosa Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Costa Luminosa

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 22, 2019

Ship: Costa Luminosa

Cabin type: Oceanview

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I find it a big disappointment since this is part of the Carnival umbrella. Shame on Carnival for allowing this cruise line to exist. I would have been OK with it if it had some entertainment, happy workers but there was nothing positive about this cruise. The ports were the saving grace of this experience.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

All I ate everyday was baked chicken, rice, potatoes and green beans. There was no variety and the food was bland and boring. I probably lost a few pounds which is not a bad thing.

We were at Sea three nights and there was nothing to do. Yes, there was some dancing but that was it. No comedy shows, or anything of value.

Everyone that worked the ship looked miserable. They didn't greet me at all, always putting their heads down. No one was helpful, no one picks up the phone. It was bad.

The toilet was broken when we got there. They had to call the plumber a few times just to fix the button of the toilet. In the showers, we were without a soap dispenser for almost an entire week because they didn't have spare dispensers on hand. The best they could do is give us three small bar soaps.

Ship tip

Stay away as far as you can. Even if this cruise is $200-$300 less than your budget, and if going on a trip is a must, then spend more to get more value. I regret this cruise, I had a terrible time and I want my money back. I've been on about 15 cruises now and this is by far the worst cruise I've ever been on.

Ports of call