Costa Deliziosa Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Third Mate

7 day cruise from Venice

Sail Date: March 27, 2016

I realize that never is a long time , but my wife and I plan on never taking a Costa cruise again. Had we been first time cruisers it would have been our last cruise, but this was our 14th cruise.We booked a Premium outside cabin and were assured by Costa that we would have an unobstructed view. I am not sure what Costa calls the forward deck, the railing and mast outside our window, but I would call it an obstruction.

It appears that this company has taken to charging for everything, We are accustom to free coffee , tea, juice and water anytime on other cruise lines. If you want any of these outside of breakfast you are charged. we are accustom to food being avalible almost any time. Not on Costa. If you miss the strictly enforced meal times ,you are out of luck.

I realize that this is an Italian line, but the passangers were multinational.Many of the announcements were in italian only, which left the english speaking, German speaking and non Italians in the dark.

This was not our first Costa cruise as we had been on a previous cruise in the Caribbean about eight years ago which was fun. With the change in the lines attitude for charging for everything, it will  be our last .

I would urge anyone thinking of a Costa cruise to reconsider

The cabin was nice but not unobstructed view as we were advised by Costa on at lease 2 occasions prior to embarking

Costa Deliziosa, dont do it