Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Good trip, good cruise line

Sail Date: October 31, 2015

The Summit is an older ship but was very clean.  Efficiency in every area but one was excellent.  The waitstaff were great and if there was something you did not like they were quick to fix it.  My sister did not care for the scrambled eggs in the restaurant on the first morning.  They were a little runny.  The waiter wanted to replace them immediately. Very attentive to detail. The food was excellent, the ship was always on time if not early and we could not wait for Captain Kate's daily announcements. Good information on each port and everything seemed to run like clockwork except the laundry seemed to have issues. The first night we could not get top sheets for our twin beds (my sister and I). According to our steward they were not available from the laundry.  Twice during the week we did not get face cloths in our bathroom with the same reason stated - not available due to the laundry. We also had trouble getting our bathroom cleaned.  We went to dinner at 6 and typically were back in our room by 8 pm for the night. On my other 7 cruises once our steward figure that out they cleaned our room early.  We only had our bathroom cleaned the first night and the last night.  The first night we were out of the room at muster and the last night because I think they were worried we would give them a bad review. This is my first cruise on Celebrity so I am not sure what the issue was.  The other people we ate dinner with never had these issues but they also went to the shows at night.

Good cabin just no walking room. The bed is rounded at the bottom so it took up space. We had about 18 inches between the wall and the bed. I have bruises on my shins from the number of times I walked into the bed. The flip side is the bathroom was the largest one I have had in 7 cruises so space had to give somewhere.
Room steward had trouble with linens.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Rainforest was nice despite 90 degree weather. Use the free trolleys in Old San Juan. They are great.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Get to the north side of the island where the rock formations are. Amazing. A+ Tours was great.
Castries, St. Lucia
Pitons were awesome as was Soufriere but take your motion sickness meds. The switchbacks will kill you and you have to travel the same road both ways.
St. John's, Antigua
Our favorite island by far. Valley Church Beach was awesome. Antiqua V.I.P. Tours was our best tour of the week. Sean is awesome and loves his homeland. We are sold and want to go back.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Very poor island. Not much to see. Enjoyed croissants and french coffee in Marigot. Good shopping in Marigot too.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Godfrey's tours showed us beautiful sights and the top spots.

Pasta bar in cafe was exceptional. For dinner you could choose your own meat in the cafe and ask them to cook it for you. Nice touches like that throughout the food service. Good coffee on Deck 5.