Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

12 Day Mediteranian Cruise 2009

Sail Date: June 15, 2009

I have mixed feelings about this cruise. It was quite expensive and things shut down around 9:00 to 10:00 PM. My room was tiny, but I spent very little time in it so that was not an issue. The staff basically bent over backwards to serve you seemlessly. I got ill one day and had to cancel an all day excursion and they refused to refund my money for that. Big tip; just book your excursions one day in advance. As you go you will learn from others which excursions are value added and which ports are best to just catch a cab or train for very little money. The cuiseline will give you maps of the best places to visit. You can save hundreds of dollars this way.

This cruise is definatly not for solo travelers, I believe I was the only one on the ship...

Pros: Lot's of ports to visit

Cons: Lack of hours of operation & no variety of buffet food

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!

I only ate in the restraunt one time due to the early seating or conflict with the shows. The buffet gets old fast. They server the exact food every day, but the room service is a god send.
Comedy was great. Movies & bingo were fun. Casinio is tiny but fun. The other shows were all geared to older crowds.
They could have more deck chairs, if you sleep past 7am they are all reserved by fellow travelers
Very nice but small
the butlers were excellent. The shore excursion people blew me off several times. Guest relations & others were great.
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
You can smell the money dripping off of the people! Eat before you go, food is very expensve. (paid 22 euro foor a hamburger!!!)
Don't Miss: Monico!
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Walk from the ship, it is close! The entire city is very cool!! Walk the city wall if it is not too hot out. There is tons of great people watching & shopping. You will love this city.
Don't Miss: The city wall
Venice, Italy
It was awesome but there was some sort of religious holiday so most things were shut down. Regardless there was enough to see to keep me busy all day.
Don't Miss: Statue of David
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
This is a nasty dirty city. The only good part is the Acropolis. Be careful not to get lost in the tiny little streets, you will miss your tour bus.
Don't Miss: Acropolis
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
I got lost a bunch of times but this is a very cool city - must see.
Don't Miss: Vatican
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
You must not miss spending about 20 minutes at the leaning tower. Florance is a wonderful city to visit
Don't Miss: Leaning tower of Pisa
Naples, Italy
Great city. There is just tons of fabulous architecture to see.
Santorini, Greece
Awesome beautiful city
Don't Miss: Great views, 4 wheeling!!