First time cruise to Alaska

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Alaska Tracy Arm Fjord
Sail Date: September 02, 2016
Ship: Celebrity Solstice

The food and score excursions were the best. Diesmbarkation was simply a nightmare. No one especially these elderly travelers should have to wait 2 hours in the line to get a taxi when literally the waterfront in BC was already downtown close to the train which took you directly to the airport and where you could have gone to hail another type of cab.

It was great to have the specialty restaurants and non-select dining option. The service was always prompt and efficient.

Did not really do anything. Went to the casino once.

It was really good. The violinist was really the best. I loved the Amade and Rock shows and the comedians but I felt the music might have been too "young" for the older crowd. They just did not seem to get it. The violinist got a standing ovation but not the cast of amade and the rock show. This was a pity because they are quite good.

Not applicable to me

Mario and Rafi were both simply excellent. They worked hard and really took great care of us. Our room was very immaculate. The left fruits for us. When they saw I was not fond of apples, pears and oranges showed up!

I was really happy with the ship.

I liked the cabin. Maybe a better side view that was not blocked would have been good. Hard to have known that ahead of time. We were also directly under the gym and you could hear folks running upstairs.

Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska