Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

First time cruise to Alaska

Sail Date: September 02, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

The food and score excursions were the best. Diesmbarkation was simply a nightmare. No one especially these elderly travelers should have to wait 2 hours in the line to get a taxi when literally the waterfront in BC was already downtown close to the train which took you directly to the airport and where you could have gone to hail another type of cab.

I liked the cabin. Maybe a better side view that was not blocked would have been good. Hard to have known that ahead of time. We were also directly under the gym and you could hear folks running upstairs.
Embarkation: the guy who was checking us in with the luggage was not friendly. No help showing us how to tag the luggage when we were clearly struggling. he continued talking to his friends and ignoring us. Disembarkation was simply a nightmare and quite frankly really ruined the nice warm feeling after the cruise. We waited 2 hours in line for a taxi when we could have just walked outside and we were in downtown Vancouver and we could have hailed a cab or taken the train there. There were folks who were pretty elderly in the line and many of them were complaining that their legs were getting swollen and that they were not feeling well. I was really angry and upset about this. I think better disembarkation instructions need to be written up including letting folks know that there are options if they do not want a taxi etc. very poorly done.
I was really happy with the ship.
firstly, the person at the excursion desk did not really understand the different tours so that was not good. But in general we appreciated the ones we went on.
Did not really do anything. Went to the casino once.
Not applicable to me
It was really good. The violinist was really the best. I loved the Amade and Rock shows and the comedians but I felt the music might have been too "young" for the older crowd. They just did not seem to get it. The violinist got a standing ovation but not the cast of amade and the rock show. This was a pity because they are quite good.
Mario and Rafi were both simply excellent. They worked hard and really took great care of us. Our room was very immaculate. The left fruits for us. When they saw I was not fond of apples, pears and oranges showed up!
It was great to have the specialty restaurants and non-select dining option. The service was always prompt and efficient.