Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Beautiful cruise, wonderful memories!

Sail Date: August 26, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Yes, I would recommend this cruise to anyone.  It was an amazing experience, one I will never forget.  Our stateroom was well designed, and our "Unobstructed View" was truly that....nothing but sea and majestic vistas.  My favorite onboard entertainment were the lectures included in the "Behind the Podium" series.  They were so informative, timely as to what we could possibly view that day, entertaining and very well done.  I did purchase the DVD's so I could share what I had learned with my family and friends.  On the subject of "purchasing" items.  We made the decision to not purchase any beverage packages.  It was not a hasty decision, but one based on our consumption.  Please, in the future, do not continue to try to sell additional packages, etc.  It become very annoying.  Also, we were cruising with friends from Australia, so we chose not to book excursions until we could all confer together.  Again, this was something we could do, and we did not need any additional unsolicited prompting from staff. However, with that issued addressed, the staff were wonderful and our cabin stewards were very thoughtful and efficient.  I had pictured sitting on our private veranda sipping coffee or wine and just absorbing the majestic beauty, and  that is exactly what we did.  Thank you for a lovely experience!

Well designed! It had everything we could need, and the Stewards were just terrific!
A great many people to move about...unfortunately our disembarkation was at the same pier as another huge cruise ship...same time and in a driving rain storm. Otherwise, well done.
In Ketchikan we did the black bear and wildlife excursion....sorry, I was a bit "underwhelmed" with this one. A small private area that they let grow wild with walkways. I think we should have passed on this one.
As I said, the informative lectures excellent!! The shows and other entertainment were very well done. The final "Night with Whitney Houston" was very moving. I think I had the most fun during the Beatles show!
Children's Programs We travelled as four adults, so I cannot comment on this.
Food was wonderful....plenty of choices for any diet. Again, please cut back on pushing dining reservations in Specialty Restaurants! We did enjoy the Tuscan Grille on Embarkation Day, and yes we did appreciate the "30%" off then...but after that first day, ENOUGH! We also dined at the Sushi place, and loved it!! The main dining room was fabulous, and having Celebrity Select Dining was helpful.
Seattle, Washington
Ketchikan, Alaska
A couple of great Alpaca and silk shops...I found some unique and lovely items.
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
Try eating at "The Twisted Fish" in town...yummy!!!!
Skagway, Alaska
The narrow gauge train was cool, but because of an engine malfunction lasted an additional hour at least (just sitting)...too bad!!
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
Victoria, British Columbia
Too bad we were there in a driving rain storm...the Gardens were still lovely, but how much better they would have been in better weather and with a bit more daylight!

Try to book as early as possible to take advantage of free packages, etc. Maybe then, you won't be as offended by constant offers to purchase more packages. I do recommend trying to get an "unobstructed" view, and at least a Veranda Stateroom. It was Ideal.