7 Night Alaska Tracy Arm Fjord

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska Tracy Arm Fjord (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 26, 2016
Ship: Celebrity Solstice

I thought this was a great cruise to get to experience Alaska.  We particularly enjoyed getting to see the glacier up so close.  Celebrity Cruise did a great job, all of the staff that we experienced were helpful and cheerful.  They would go out of their way to make sure you got what you requested.

I thought the AquaClass cabin was well worth the extra cost. We ate all our dinners in Blu and found it to be outstanding. The location of our cabin was perfect. It was quite and centrally located near the elevators. The balcony was a nice size and we didn't have any issues with sight line that I had read in other reviews.

My disappointment was the food at breakfast. It was not that it was bad but it was not up to the par of the other meals. We used room service most days but I also went and had breakfast in Blu one morning and the food quality was just the same. Good but not great.

We really enjoyed the train trip to White pass summit. We did the round trip on the train. It is a long time on the train but we thought it was worth it.
Don't miss the Butchart Gardens. They are fabulous and their beauty is hard to describe.