Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Purser

Great Experience!

Sail Date: July 29, 2016

My favorite part of the cruise was the helicopter ride to the glacier where we went dog sledding.  I was concerned because I had read that this excursion is easily cancelled due to weather.

I really don't want to say anything negative about the trip because anything I may have  found negative, was really not that important.

Nice size for a cabin, lots of rooms for our clothes, and the bathroom was also a nice size.
The embarkation and disembarkation was the most organized I had ever seen on a boat
i enjoyed the itinerary & having a couple of days at sea was great, because it gave the trip both a sightseeing and relaxing cruise. I would have liked more time in Juneau.

The prices of the excursions are very pricey. We were on excursions with people who booked direct and they paid $100 less which could be upsetting. The ship scares you by saying that they will wait for you if there is a problem and if you book it direct you are on your own if the boat leaves. Our excursions were:

-Halibut Fishing in Ketchikan: my husband enjoyed it
-Norris Glacier via helicopter & dog sledding in Junea: it was great and an experience I will never forget
-Glacier Hike and canoe in Skagway: Just beautiful and we were lucky that we were able to canoe and get off on the glacier
-Whale watching in Victoria: I found it boring. Also, I found the boat crowded and they said we were lucky because it was not full and they could have fit 50 more people on it!
Corning glass blowing exhibit was great to watch
Everyone on the ship was nice. We enjoyed the casino. All the dealers and pit bosses was nice and fun to be around. I loved Zee, one of our dealers. She was adorable and had the loveliest smile.
The food was very good and there was something for everyone. Always fresh fruit, salad, & all you could think of. We did do the 3 dinner specialty restaurant package, which was a nice diversion instead of going to the main dining room each night.
Seattle, Washington
We arrived the night before. Went to EMP museum and Pikes market. Both were enjoyable. When we got back, we rented a car and drove to the Boeing factory which was amazing.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
Victoria, British Columbia

On docking mornings, the breakfast buffet was crowded. I would leave a bit more time and eat in the dining room. They served quickly there.
Also, if you are not a big drinker, don't get the liquor package. They have reasonably priced wine if you want to just have a glass of wine with dinner @ $8