Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Second Mate

very bad embarkation and room service not up to par

Sail Date: May 06, 2016

There were three cruise ships at the Canada Place Pier  at one time - embarkation was a nightmare -  I had Concierge - no priority boarding with that as promised  - the problem at the dock apparently was with immigration and customs - we were supposed to  leave at five - people were still coming on board at seven - all the ships that came in - Celebrity - Princess and one other all put the people in one big area - baggage got mixed up - people on Celebrity had the luggage for the people on Princess - it was a mess --- room service is usually very good - not this time - corn flakes sent up - no bowl to put it in - two days of no breakfast coming up- - at all - called room service and made them aware of the missing breakfasts - next day came up - no sugar for the coffee and cereal - minor things I know but the minor things add up.  I have alwyas had room service for breakfast as I like to have my coffee when i get up and never had one problem - this was not what I expected of Celebrity at all - the mess at the pier to get on the ship - well, we all got a letter a day or so before we were to get off apologizing for the mess -- I was in a balcony room and got $50 - suites I think got $100 and the other people got $25  --- I have taken more than one cruise with Celebrity and have not had any problems - but I guess there is a first time for everything.

Loved the roominess as my husband was in a wheelchair - had a problem with the shower as there is only a curtain and when you turn on the overhead shower since there is no lip on the floor before you get in the shower itself - due to people in wheelchairs - water goes all over the floor - learned that you had to use the hand held shower - which I do not like - in order to control this - could not wait to come home and take a decent shower.