Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

Alaska and the ship were great but the on board entertainment was lacking

Sail Date: September 04, 2015

The way up to Alaska was incredible and the ship was great as was the food, staff, etc.  The only issue was on the way to Victoria from Skagway.  It’s about 48 hours in mostly open water that got the ship swaying back and forth quite a bit.  That in itself was fine although I would have preferred taking the same way back south via the east side of Queen Charlotte Island to give us more protection from the large waves.  The main and really only disappointment my wife and I had was the entertainment.  The entertainment on the way north was below average but we figured they were saving the best acts for the way back to Seattle.  Unfortunately the acts back south were just as bad with the exception of the Elton John impersonator who was great but only played for less than an hour.  We were led to believe there would be a Broadway style musical and a Cirque du Soleil type show as well.  The complementary post cards in our room even were of the Cirque type show!!  Seems to me that would make an odd conversation with whomever I sent the postcard to….Needless to say the postcards (which by the end of the trip seemed to me mocking me) where left in the room.