Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

Excellent surprise

Sail Date: August 29, 2014

We were in concierge class.  The stateroom was roomy with a king-sized bed.  We took advantage of the specialty restaurants where, in all three, the food, service and ambiance was outstanding. I have cruised for many years on much smaller ships (ie "Windstar) so I was reticent to cruise on a large ship with so many passengers.  However, on Solstice, we hardly noticed the number of people since it was so roomy with many activities and amenities. I will now consider other cruises on these ships at the same level as smaller ships since they both have their unique charm.

One negative. I received a massage and although the masseuse was excellent she "tricked" me into buying some body potions that I would have never purchased ( she presented them as if they were part of her service and then automatically added them to my bill--they were expensive)

Other than that overall, it was a great experience.

Children's Programs NA.
Seattle, Washington
Ketchikan, Alaska
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Surprised that ship was able to come so close to the glacier
Juneau, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
Victoria, British Columbia I go to Victoria a lot so I stayed aboard. It's a wonderful experience for those who haven't seen it.

Take advantage of the specialty restaurants. They are well worth the cover charge.