Alaska on Celebrity, Round Two

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 22, 2014
Ship: Celebrity Solstice

I took an Alaskan cruise on Celebrity several years ago before my husband passed. I am showing a new partner what cruising is all about. We took a Princess cruise to the Caribbean and he wasn't thrilled with the food, but liked the ports. We took a Royal Caribbean cruise to Canada from Boston last year and was not thrilled with the ports in Canada. I thought he would like Celebrity as much as I do and he does. He liked the food...it's the best on Celebrity. I loved the ship...the Solstice is current in design. I loved Brent Nixon as he led us through the straits to the Sawyer glacier; and later when he talked about orcas and bald eagles. We enjoyed playing bingo and the casino and the shops. I dropped in on a couple of evening shows...we go to sleep early. I was impressed. Our service was especially good in the restaurant one evening...have already listed the names of our waiter and his assistant in another review...it was like old times...the way the service used to be and should be. There was also a consierge on the 7th deck who helped me get some laundry cleaned. Some went the extra mile. Many did a very nice job. Over all we very much enjoyed the cruise. We were impressed with all the tour choices. Thanks for helping me show my partner how cruising should be!

did not experience

Cabin was fine...not the biggest. Service was ok. There was a big area of bird crap on the balcony throughout the entire cruise. The back of the toilet was really dusty until the night before we disembarked.
Took a nice tour of the Space Needle and Pike's Market, experienced the driver explaining about many buildings in Seattle and then he took us to the airport.
Liked the lumberjack show.
Awesome sailing through the Fjord to Sawyer Glacier.
Seaplane tour was cancelled...second time this has happened to me. ): Enjoyed the salmon hatchery.
Absolutely loved the train ride. Also the store where the guy makes jewelry as you watch. Took a trolley tour of town with really good driver/storyteller.
We saw a bear! Also saw a golden sea lion lying on some floating ice.
Butchart Gardens at night was excellent and I have been there a couple of times before. Wished we could have arrived earlier in the day. Not enough time to show it to my friend. So little time, so much to see!