Somewhat disappointed

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 30, 2014
Ship: Celebrity Solstice

The ship was beautiful and modern.  I was disappointed in the resturants in that most of them had cover charges to dine there.  There were only two resturants on board that did not have cover charges.  The schedule to visit ports-of-call was somewhat disappointing.  Our last stop was in Victoria, B.C. and only there about 6 hours.  We pulled into port at 6:00 p.m. and left at 11:59 p.m.  We did have time enough to take a shuttle bus into the downtown district but after seeing the city, I wished we could have had much more time.  Another cruise line that was in port when we came into port had spend the entire day there.

Just before sailing, I started to look at and check the "port charges" that Celebrity charged.  I was led to believe that they had nothing to do with these but I found out later that they did.  I checked several other cruise lines and their port charges were much less.  We were charged $800 each in port charges.  Other lines charged about $300 each.

If I were going to make this cruise again, it would be with a different line.

I would certainly recommend the Oceanview staterooms. I heard one passenger complain that their deck state had limited view. He called it "tunnel vision" looking outside. The Oceanview stateroom windows are large and give you a very wide view.

Have your meals in the main dinning room. The "Ocean View" buffet was o.k. but certainly not great.

Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska

Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska

Needed more time in this beautiful city.