Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

Our Wonderful Alaska Cruise

Sail Date: May 30, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful and relaxing time on our cruise.  We had taken an Alaska cruise fifteen years ago on Celebrity and wanted to go back to see if anything had changed.  The Mendenhall Glacier retreat was the biggest change we saw.  We were glad we took the excursions we had chosen for each port city.  We learned a little more this time.  All the guides were fantastic, very informative and professional.  The speakers for the Beyond the Podium were great.  We learned so much from them.  We enjoyed all their lectures.  Our travel agent Greg booked us into the Aqua class.  What a treat.  We are now really spoiled.  We'll have to book our future cruises in Aqua class.  The cabins are bigger and we loved the bathroom.  Our steward and his assistant were so very nice and helpful.  At night, the animals they created out of the towels were so cute.  The Blu Restaurant was outstanding.  The food and service we received was unbelievable.  We purchased the DVD for this cruise and they also included a DVD on Alaska.  After a few days, we looked at the DVDs and we were glad we had purchased them.  There were many activities on the ship that we were unable to attend, but were able to see on the DVD.  The DVD on Alaska is such a great learning tool.  I wish we had it before we left for this cruise.  We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise to Alaska.  Seven days was too short, so one day we hope to take another cruise back to Alaska, but for more days.

Very big and clean.
Blu Restaurant was outstanding. The food was unbelievable.
Our steward, Antanasio and his assistant, Mohammed were very nice and helpful. Our cabin was always made up and very clean. Our waiter, Mufiins and his assistant, Vasilica were very attentive during our meals. They made our mealtime very enjoyable. The Datri D's, Jesus and Bogden always greeted us with a smile. They made us feel very welcomed. Alexandar, the sommelier was very helpful in selecting the right wine for our meals.
Enjoyed all the lectures given, Beyond the Podium.
Children's Programs n/a
Onboard Activities n/a
All our tour guides were very informative and professional. Learned a lot on this cruise.
GREAT, big and the bathroom was large. The cabin, bathroom and veranda was always kept neat and clean.
Seattle, Washington
Our driver met us at baggage claim then took us to his SUV. As he was driving to the port, he gave us some insights of the city of Seattle. When we arrived at the port, we unloaded our bags and off they went as we prepared to check in. It was organized, but we got split up from the couple we were traveling with. They were directed to go one way as my husband and I were directed in another direction. Thank goodness for our cell phones. We connected together before we boarded the ship.
Ketchikan, Alaska
After our excursion, my husband and I took a walk around the city. We met some local people and they told us some history of the city. We also read and saw the plaques that were placed along the sides of buildings and on poles so that you can read for yourself about Ketchikan.
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Sitting on our veranda and enjoying the cruise along the Tracy Arm Fjord.
Juneau, Alaska
Mendenhall Glacier was what my husband and I wanted to see. I'm glad we were able to take the excursion to the glacier.
Skagway, Alaska
Liked our excursion to the old cemetery and to learn about the history of Skagway. After the excursion, we just walked around the town. We bought some smoked salmon that was just outstanding.
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
Sitting on our veranda and enjoying thte cruise along the Inside Passage.
Victoria, British Columbia
Too short of a time in Victoria. The excursion to the garden was fantastic, but too short of a time in such a large and beautiful place. Need more time to enjoy the garden.

The library is a very relaxing and peaceful place to be. Even if you didn't bring a book to read, there is a wide selection of books to check out.