Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Expected a littlle more

Sail Date: July 24, 2015

I have taken a few cruises in the past, the one before this being a Royal Caribbean Mediterranean cruise.  I was told that Celebrity was a step above Royal Caribbean in terms of quality.  I did not find this to be the case at all.  If anything I would say it was a step below.  It was all good and I enjoyed myself, but it was not great.  I enjoyed our waiters at dinner and felt they did a fine job.  The spa, however was a terrible spa experience.  The spa was disorganized, overpriced, the people were rude and the treatment was of very poor quality.   I have been to many spas in my life and this was definitely not the spa experience I expected.  You use a public restroom to robe up and then they send you out into the main waiting area which services both the gym and the spa, and you sit with nothing on but a robe.  Then the mandatory 18% gratuity for a poor deep tissue massage added insult to injury.   I would probably not choose Celebrity cruise line again.

Dinne waiters were great.
Cabin / Stateroom Nice cabin and good sized balcony