Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Third Mate

Would Highly Recommend!

Sail Date: September 05, 2014

Everything from the organized boarding/departure was very good.  The staff was the friendliest of any ship I have traveled with before.  I have traveled on 4 other cruise lines, this being my first with Celebrity and I would highly recommend it.  Our veranda room was very nice and was kept very clean,but our bathroom had a very mildewy smell. We very seldom saw our stewards, but if we needed anything, they were quick to accomodate us.   The food was excellent, although we found the service to be slower than on other cruiselines. Also, condiments such as mint jelly, were offered after I had taken a few bites of my lamb.    We were originally on the 8:30 seating for dinner for 2 nights, which we found to be too late for us, so we asked if there was any way that we could be changed to the Select Seating.  I was very impressed with how nicely it was handled and we found that the Select Seating worked much better for us.  We made friends on board that we dined with for 5 nights and we never had to wait for a table-pleasantly surprised.  Before we left on our cruise, I spoke with someone at Celebrity who asked me if we were celebrating anything.  I told him that it was our 25th anniversary and he said they would do something special for us at dinner and asked what night I would like it.  I told him the 1st formal night(Saturday) at the 8:30 seating, but no one said or did anything.  We did get a shoe made out of a napkin, but I'm not sure if that was the special acknowledgement-dissappointing....

We felt that the entertainment was very good with some fantastic dancers,musicians,etc.There seemed to be a good mix for all ages.

The pool area was great!  We were so lucky to have great weather overall.

Although the buffet was good, it was very hard to find a table, especially at breakfast, so most of the time we went to breakfast in the dining room.

I know it seems like I am complaining,but we did have a wonderful experience with your cruiseline and we would do it all over again in a minute!!

Lois and Scott Buek

Children's Programs N/A
Didn't really do many because we were always off the ship during the day
Excursions offered were good,but more expensive booking with Celebrity.
bathroom had a mildew odor-other than that,it was fine.
Seward (Anchorage), Alaska
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
Great how ship got so close-unfortunately our weather was very foggy/overcast
Juneau, Alaska
too many tacky gift shops-we did a great helicopter/landing on a glacier tour-great!
Skagway, Alaska
loved the little town-great shops w nice people
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska
great place to do whale watching. celebrity very good with the tenders transport
Ketchikan, Alaska
seaplane thru the fiores-not worth the money
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
sit on back deck and enjoy the view
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
bike ride in stanley park

Hot tubs were warmer under the enclosed area and the pool there was great-very relaxing. We enjoyed sitting at the level 10 bar watching the sunset.

1 Comment