Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Excellent cruise and accomodations, good food, undrinkable coffee!

Sail Date: August 01, 2014

I very much enjoyed the cruise--my balcony afforded me stunning views of the Canadian and Alaskan coast.  The excursions were wonderful if overpriced.  The room was very comfortable and nicely funished.  My only complaint here is that you never knew what would be on tv--one day Downton Abbey is on at 8 PM, one day it's on at 10 AM.  Publish a tv guide!!!--How hard can this be?  The food was very good, much better than on my Celebrity cruise in the Caribbean two years ago.  I LOVED the Eggs Benedict every morning and the shrimp cocktail and cheesecake every night.  The soups were pretty awful and the entrees largely ok.  But far and away the worst part of the cruise was the coffee--it was absolute swill, totally undrinkable!!!!  Just as it was on my Caribbean Celebrity cruise.  Making decent coffee is not hard--It boggles my mind that you can't just walk up the street in Seattle and buy some Starbucks coffee.   Having to get my caffeine from Diet Coke while I'm eating Eggs Benedict because the coffee is so disgusting is just not right!

See my written comment about the TERRIBLE coffee!
Cabin / Stateroom Cabin was great.

Get the Eggs Benedict, Shrimp Cocktail, and Cheesecake. Don't rely on the ship's computers; they're over-priced and unreliable. LIVE as much as you can on your balcony and soak up that scenery.

1 Comment