Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

The trip of a lifetime

Sail Date: July 25, 2006

As we told our 3 teenagers, this would be the trip of a lifetime for them and we were right! Our 2 daughters were sad to have the cruise end because they made lots of friends and had a great time...they almost didn't want to leave the ship and see all the wonderful ports because they were having such a great time onboard!
Everything on the ship was fantastic and the ports were beyond belief!

Pros: The ability to see so much and to be able to stay in one place!

Naples, Italy
Tour guide was not that interesting...neither was the tour. The pizza however was not to me missed.
Naples, Italy
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Athens was not as I had imagined. While I was dissapointed in the "looks" of the city, the ancient parts were awe inspiring. My daugher loved shopping in the Plaka
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
We did the Florance and Pisa tour on our own. Given that we had never been to either, with the information the guide gave, it was not difficult to navigate and so we had a great time.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Dubrovnik, Croatia
This was by far the most beautiful place we had been. We did not do a tour but went out on our own. It was incredibly crowded (several cruise ships in port), but it was worth fighting the crowds.. Truly it is the jewel of the Adriatic.
Don't Miss: The wall must be walked!
Venice, Italy
Coming into the city on the ship was stunning. The visual of sailing through the canals was spectacular. We went into Venice on our own and wandered the city. My daughter fed the pigeons in St. Marks square and shopped until she dropped!
Don't Miss: St. Marks is incredible
Santorini, Greece
One of the most beautiful spots on the planet. Wonderful little villages. Could have spent more time there!
Venice, Italy
Don't Miss: St. Marks is incredible
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
Beautiful port. The tour was so-so. Perfume factory was interesting. The restaurant we dinned at was great!
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
By far the best tour...Rome the Eternal City. Our tour guide made every thing come alive. He had a WEALTH of information to share on everything. He expidited us through all the lines so well that we spen a minimal amount of time waiting in lines.
Don't Miss: St. Peters and the Sistiene Chapel are unbelievable!
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Don't Miss: St. Peters and the Sistiene Chapel are unbelievable!
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Don't Miss: The wall must be walked!
Santorini, Greece