Carnival Vista Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

New Ship , New adventure

Sail Date: May 01, 2016

Cabin: 9120

This was a first time Mediterranean cruise, after traveling on Carnival to the caribbean many times. Was looking forward to something completely different and I was not disappointed. The ports were fantastic. With only 2 "fun days at sea" perhaps there were to many ports and no time to catch our breath. I know I could have decided to stay on board at any port, but I didn't want to miss a thing. The ships although bigger than the ones I had been on before had a similar layout so it didn't take me the whole cruise to find my way around.

The tours were perhaps a bit over extended on what you were going to see and some were late getting back to the ship. A good selling point for booking excursions thru Carnival.

I understand the crew was picked from the best the fleet had to offer and it showed, from Matt the entertainment director, to the staff on the Lido deck and beyond everyone was very professional, friendly and efficient at the same time.

The cabin was very functional and typical of an inside cabin. We never spend that much time in the cabin other than to sleep. Had some problems with the TV which was quickly addressed.
Very efficient considering the amount of people being processed.
Children's Programs No Children with us,
The band Velvet Vibe were excellent, altho sometimes they seemed to be playing more for listing enjoyment rather than dancing. Maybe that extended solo was a bit to long.
Edis our cabin boy was outstanding always willing to help in any way.
Ken the mat'rde was always there with a smile and a song to make our dinning a pleasant experience. Also Dragon and his crew at the table made sure we got just the right food.
Pajath on the Lido deck always remembered how we liked our eggs which made a big difference.

Trieste, Italy
Got into Trieste on the last plane in on Sat night and there were no Taxis or busses by the time we got off the plane. It was a mess, after many frantic phone calls, we all finally made it to the city.
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Iraklion (Heraklion), Crete
Valletta, Malta
Palermo, Sicily
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
We had been to Rome on our own a week before, the the option of taking the Train and a chance to see what we had missed was great, and what a nice way to travel.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Marseille (Provence), France
Barcelona, Spain
We were able to spend a few extra days in Barcelona, but the Montserrat trip was an excellent way to end or trip on the Vista, and being dropped off at a hotel was very convenient.

Always book the shore excursions thru Carnival as things like traffic can make you late getting back.