Exceeded my expectations!

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Splendor

14 Night Alaska Carnival Journeys (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 25, 2018

Ship: Carnival Splendor

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 2204

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Carnival Splendor to Alaska from Long Beach August 25-September 8 2018 Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, Sitka, Icy Strait Point, and Vancouver

Embarkation

Ship experiences

This cruise really exceeded my expectations! I'd never been to Alaska before. I was pleasantly surprised how decent the weather was. I always thought Alaska was this really cold and chilly place all year long. We departed from Long Beach, CA late August. This was my fourth cruise. Didn't experience any issues whatsoever. The staff/crew were always warm and friendly. Our cabin was always clean and well maintained. It was also around the time of my birthday, so they made it even more special for me. There were some days at sea that were a little chilly and windy, so some areas of the ship were closed off. There's always something to do on the ship to keep you entertained. It's all about how you make it. Alaska itself didn't disappoint! Amazing scenery and lots of wildlife! I highly recommend!

Ship tip

It was a bigger ship than the Miracle, if you've ever been on it. The layout is a bit different, so you may have some difficulty finding your way around. Your vacation is what you make it! Don't let anything or anyone ruin it for you!

Ports of call