Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Maybe round two will be better!

Sail Date: December 31, 2015

I have asked for 10 years now for my husband to go on a cruise with me. I had heard great things about them and really wanted the cruise experience. We left out of New Orleans on 12/31. The rooms were somewhat small, but understandable with that many people. The people that cleaned and looked over us were absolutely wonderful. We took our two teenage boys with us and he would say, "Ms. Patricia, John and Matthew just went to the teen club" (If I went to their room looking for them) He was wonderful. The entertainment was pretty good. Through we do not usually drink, they were other things for us to do. The food in the dining room was rough. We heard the food on the ships were great. You can eat all you want. We were a little surprised by the dining room. We tried it once and thought okay, maybe its a bad night. Then we tried it again and left after a few bites. I just couldn't do it. My favorite food was the cheeseburgers, mash potatoes, macaroni at the Rotisserie and the swirl ice cream. Thank God for those! My husband and I both were patches for motion sickness just in case... We went through a rough storm a few days in and it was hard to even walk around without feeling sick. At first we decided, next time we will just fly straight in to Mexico. But a good friend or ours that is diamond or platium level called us last night and said just try it one more time. So we might try it one more time before avioding crusing. Overall, the people were really nice and made us feel welcomed.

Small, but understandable. I am wondering if the bigger ships have a lintel bigger room accommodations.