Expert review of Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival known as the "FunShips" is great for activity-seeking couples, singles, and families. The vibrant atmosphere gets the party going and keeps it going all voyage long.
Those seeking true relaxation onboard a quiet and intimate atmosphere.
- The variety of entertainment options on a Carnival cruise is impressive, from Vegas-style productions to sports bars and karaoke. Our favorite: the realistic game shows and the comedy clubs, with their R-rated sets.
- Carnival caters to kids in a big way, with huge playrooms, video arcades, mini-golf courses, and water slides. Some ships also have a ropes course, and water “sprinklers” for small kids.
- Carnival offers more dining options than ever — we’re licking our lips just thinking about the popular (and complimentary) Guy’s Burger Joint, now on six ships and counting.
- Roomy standard cabins have nice perks, including mini-fridges and large showers.
- The “Serenity” adults-only deck area offers respite for quiet-seeking grown-ups.
We could live without
- The constant barrage of onboard sales
- Food consistency can be an issue from ship to ship and sometimes sailing to sailing
- Lack of adult-only space - while we love the "Serenity" area, most ships lack an area for adults to relax, have a quiet drink and enjoy a more subdued ambiance