Carnival Pride overview
Compared to new ships being launched today, Carnival Pride is small in size, carrying just 2,124 passengers. (Most new ships carry at least 4,000.) While it has been in service since 2002, Carnival Pride entered dry dock for a significant refurbishment in 2014 where it was upgraded with classic Carnival restaurants and activities that have come to define the line’s easygoing, and casual approach to cruising over the last decade. Guy’s Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, the Punchliner Comedy Club, Hasbro: The Game Show, and Bonsai Sushi and Waterworks (the line’s popular aqua park) and more were added as part of the well-received FunShip 2.0 upgrades. Pride also received an additional refurbishment in 2019, so while you won’t find the same high-tech features and amenities on newer Carnival ships, the ship still delivers the classic Carnival experience.
Families tend to make up a sizable portion of Pride’s passengers, especially during summer months and over holidays. Kids sailing on Carnival Pride love splashing around in the WaterWorks aqua park, participating in age-appropriate games and contests at the Camp Ocean kids’ clubs, the Dr. Seuss-themed activities, and Hasbro, The Game Show in the ship’s main theater, where audience members participate in classic board games come to life. Families looking for activities together can play a round of mini-golf on the top deck, take in a Playlist Productions show in the main theater or catch a family-friendly comedy set at the PunchLiner comedy club. Adults looking for some time away from the kids can escape to the Serenity Retreat (an adults-only deck with a bar and hot tubs), enjoy live music in the RedFrog Pub, or join in on one of the many parties on the top decks organized by Pride’s hard-working crew.
Carnival Pride sails out of the Baltimore cruise port with the most common itineraries being 7-night cruises to Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean. 14-night cruises known as “Carnival Journeys” are also offered, taking travelers on extended Caribbean itineraries or Panama Canal sailings.
- WaterWorks aqua park - Water slides, sprayers, tipping buckets, and more.
- Lip Sync Battle: Carnival - Guests audition and compete throughout the cruise!
- Sing along - and request songs - at the piano bar.
- Punchliner Comedy Club - Enjoy multiple comedians throughout the voyage with family shows and adults-only shows
- Bingo games
- Deck parties
- Hasbro, The Game Show - Board games come to life onstage in this audience-participant game show
- Playlist Productions - Main theater production shows
- Seuss at Sea - Dr. Seuss themed parade, crafts, storytime, a character breakfast, and more! Karaoke
- Clue: The Murder Mystery - This murder mystery-type game plays out throughout the cruise
- Build-A-Bear Workshop at Sea - Kids can make their own cuddly companions at this pop-up stuffed animal shop for one day during the cruise. An additional fee applies.
- Three swimming pools onboard mean there’s enough room for everyone!
- Mini golf
Before You Book
Why Sail on Carnival Pride: Families with kids of all ages, multigenerational extended families, young-at-heart couples, party animals, and cruisers on a budget. Pride is also a convenient option for cruisers based in and around Baltimore.You Should Know: Since it is an older, smaller ship, Carnival Pride isn't for those who want the widest range of activities possible or the most advanced technology. Some people complain about the ship's layout, and the décor is somewhat outdated.