Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Royal Awesomeness as usual

Sail Date: April 30, 2016

This was the best cruise I have been on and this was my 4th.  My second time on the Adventure of the Seas.  That first time was 10 yrs ago and the ship still looks great.  I'll be anxious to see what they do during the dry-dock refurbishment; I just know it'll be beautiful.  The staff, like my other Royal Caribbean cruises, never disappoint.  From the Cabin staff, to Dining, to Bartenders and everyone in between, we were always greeted with a smile and eagerness to provide the best possible service.

My first time with a balcony cabin and am afraid I'm spoiled now. Loved having that to sit outside at sunrise, or just to watch the docking process from the privacy of the balcony.
I would've preferred a different stop than Grenada. Curacao or Aruba would've been better. Uncomfortable on Grenada.
Entertainment Great shows, however last time on Adventure seemed to have had more than this particular cruise. Ice Show fantastic as usual.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Plan to stay in Old San Juan. Close to dock and much safer than other areas. Stay away from the Airport neighborhoods. Our boutique hotel in Old San Juan was fantastic - Cervantes Hotel, check it out...service great and rooms large and tastefully furnished.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
St. John's, Antigua
Try to find the excursion called Xtreme Circumnavigation. It's a 6 hr tour in high speed boat around the entire island, incl stingray city, 2 snorkel stops, lunch and Rum punch at end of journey. Well worth it, but RCCL does not offer that specific excursion.
Castries, St. Lucia
Beautiful island, but we should have taken an excursion to see more of it. Next time we will.
St. George's, Grenada
We felt uncomfortable and a little threatened. A number of locals accost you to take you on tours. On that note, however, we found out after reboarding the ship that Grenada is very safe, literally crime free. Wish we'd known that earlier...but still not a very pretty city, at least near the dock. '

Make a reservation for Giovanni's Table at least 1 night. Most amazing menu and extremely delicious. Don't miss the Ice Show, it's very entertaining and the talent is top notch for such a small rink.