Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Caribbean

Third Mate

communications is key

Sail Date: April 08, 2013

The staff and crew are one of the best I've encountered cruising. Very good diversity in food selection and presentation. The ports and engress and egress to these ports was great and very organized. The reason for a 4 star rating and not a 5 is because of the need to improve communications with guest. What I mean by this is as follows. Information of the ports for, a map of the area were not available until you were going ashore. A weather forcast for the day would have been nice and also the currency and conversion rate for each port . This information could be included in the daily sheet that was passed out the each evening. I had a problem with the safe in the room not locking and it took 3 days and numerous calls to have this corrected. There was a overcharge on the bill of $56 that was never corrected and even after filling out a form to remove the daily service charge of $23 so that I could tip directly was never removed. Even after going to the desk the evening before returning to port and being assured it would be. Why have a form to remove this option if it is not going to be done? If I decide to cruise with Holland America again I will do so with these shortcomings in mind.
Children's Programs N/A

Take advantage on the "open seating" it meets everyones needs.