Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

An overall nice cruise experience

Sail Date: November 18, 2006

The ship was beautiful, well maintained, spotless.

Pros: The ship, the personable crew, the excellent service, the itinerary

Cons: Not enough activities (day or night) for active passengers.

Recommends Zuiderdam? Yes!

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Holland America has really done a fantastic job here. It continues to offer activities and things to enjoy. One of the best beaches that I continue to enjoy year after year.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I have visited this island so many times, but still love to return here. My favorite activity for the last few years is to book a 'Champagne Snorkel and Sail Catamaran' trip to St. John. I don't snorkel, but always enjoy the sail part of the trip.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
We didn't dock until 2:30 so I didn't get off the ship, but wished that I had. My friends went straight to the beach for a revisit and was thrilled that they did. I visited this island two years ago and loved it here. Very beautiful and not overly commercialize yet. If you've never been here, I would suggest taking a tour of the island, followed by a trip to one of their beaches.
Grand Turk Island
This was my first visit to Grand Turk so I hired a taxi driver and took a personal tour. This island has recently built a pier for larger ships to dock at and is just now beginning to grow as a tourist island. Brand new is an area right off of the dock where we enjoyed a little shopping, a beautiful beach and a wonderful pool with a 'swim up to bar' at their new Margaritaville Restaurant & Bar. The local DJ did a fantastic job putting together entertaining activities for both the young and older passengers. Well Done.
Grand Turk Island