Viking Star Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Purser

Stockholm to Bergen

Sail Date: June 12, 2016

Cabin: 6066

I enjoyed every aspect of the cruise.  I saw cities I have always wanted to visit.  The one city I think we could have missed was Berlin.  Two and 1/2 hours to travel to the city is a long time.  I would rather have seen Riga, Latvia.  Also we could have by-passed Berlin and gone to Hamburg, Germany, which was also part of the Hanseatic League. (I don't know whether cruise ships go to Hamburg).  My favorite city was Copenhagen.  It is a place I have always wanted to visit since I was an exchange student in Hamburg, Germany.  My German parents had a sailboat, and we sailed up the coast of Denmark (Jutland) but never went to Copenhagen.

The Port talks each evening were extremely informative.  I enjoyed hearing about the different excursions even if I wasn't going on them.  The enrichment lectures were very good.  I especially enjoyed Mr. Goodness.  The enrichment lecture on Amber could have been earlier so people knew what to look for when buying jewelry pieces with Amber.

Thea weather was excellent.  It was warmer than I expected (low 70s).  However I felt I had appropriate clothing.

It is a wonderful part of the world to visit.  I feel that I got a jump start on seeing the Baltic.  It has become a very popular area of the world to visit.

The cabin was small but very adequate. Our housekeeper was very pleasant and timely. It was always very clean.

It is a very busy cruise when one partakes in all the excursions. It was good to have some early afternoon departures and one day at sea. I personally needed the down time.
The regional choice on the dinner menu each night was a good way to sample the ethic foods.

1 Comment