North to Alaska
Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage
So this was our first cruise ever. The weather was awesome sunny and even hot.. The towns were fun and Glacier bay was really something to see. For the most part the food was good and Our cabin Steward was over the top helpful and kept things perfectly clean.
1. no water package in room. I was told email our corporate office.
2. No bathrobes. I was told they were being washed
3. Complimentary to go coffee mugs took 3 trips to get finally I complained and the brought them to our room.
4.second day no bath robe was told we were not on the list to get them. ( our steward took care of that one for us.)
5. Aft bartender lady was extremely incompetent Berated other crew members in front of passengers. Rude to guest "I can't remember how to make that. Can you choose another one." to one guest. Then told my wife "I don't have the right glass to make that. And when I ordered an Irish coffee. "I have to walk all the down there to get coffee." SERIOUS exact quotes.
6. The "Share dinner " looked good but was all show no substance 6 courses of less the Denny's quality food. Staff there was very nice but the food sucked. The beef was very tough. I had a hard time cutting through. The Buffet was better. and it took a long time.
7.Room service was sub par. Tried on many occasions to order the phone just rang. Once they did answer they man was agitated. I order a club house he said "it will take an hour." I said fine he exhaled and said "fires chips or cole slaw?" I said fries and Ia glass of milk. Ninety minutes later it shows up. Half a sandwich with a glass of room temperature milk. Its sucked.
8. I place an online room service order for breakfast. It was accurate and on time but again the mic was at 68 degrees.
9.Went to the theater to go to what was advertised as a seminar about the towns we would visit shopping excursions wildlife. etc. I sat through a sham wow style presentation of jewelry stores and was pitched diamonds nothing really about anything but jewelry. I did not go on a cruise to Alaska to get a sales pitch from a 25 year old sham wow kid.
10. Was pitched "to get the best seats to see the glacier you can pay althea $60.pp to sit in the exclusive glacier seats. I passed sat on the stern and saw it all.
11. On debarkation the lost my luggage. It took an hour to find out the color coded baggage system had issues. Cream 5 Looked a lot like Gold 5 to the baggage handlers.
My general impression of the attitude of this cruise line was shut up, get in line, give us your money.
I think 30% of the crew was personable and worked hard. 40 % were marking time and the other 30% could care less your just a F ing American.
I filled out a survey for princess but never heard from them. they really only care about milking you out of as much $$ as they can.
Really very disappointing for a first time cruiser and I doubt I would ever do it again. Total with a few trinket the entire cruise cost $5,700. That's a lot to pay to have a bad time..
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Find another cruise line.