Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 day date

Sail Date: June 26, 2016

Being called madame and treated with respect is very easy to get used is having your bed turned down and a chocolate on your pillow. The staff of the Ruby Princess is wonderful. The weather in Alaska was unexpectedly warm, it did not rain, and there were no mosquitoes. We didn't feel the desire to splurge on the add- on specialty restaurant fare because the dining room food was exceptional. We took advantage of the dancing lessons and shows. We had a room with a view, but no balcony; I saw a humpback whale "pec flapping" right outside our cabin window on the second day out! There were passengers of all ages on board. We chose the open seating option and enjoyed meeting new fellow passengers nightly.

Due to no fault of the captain, we were unable to go into the Tracy Arm Fjord because the ice was too thick. The Endicott Arm was not as impressive. I do wish it were possible to arrive earlier in Victoria. There is so much to see there and we couldn't see as much in the dark. The buffet rooms' coffee was not good because I am accustomed to "good" coffee; it tasted like instant coffee to me.

The overall experience was wonderful!

Salvador took wonderful care of our cabin.
I wish the ship could arrive earlier in Victoria.
I love the Zumba and dancing lessons. Karen was a good teacher.
Children's Programs I have no idea.
Seattle, Washington
We didn't take advantage of Seattle.
Ketchikan, Alaska
We took the bus to Totem Brite Park, which was great to visit, but we had to wait an additional hour to board the bus because it was too full to take more passengers when we wanted to leave. Pick up the free shopping guide in Ketchikan; it has coupons for future destinations as well.
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
We didn't get to go there.
Juneau, Alaska
The Mendenhall Galcier is a must see. I recommend the cruise ship excursion. The on shore shuttle service cost $32/person.
Skagway, Alaska
The train ride into and bus ride from the Yukon Territory was great. Skagway is the cutest town.
Victoria, British Columbia
We took the bus tour that includes a self-guided tour of the castle. The castle is worth seeing if you like that kind of thing. We loved it. The ship gets there too late to see much.

The coffee drinks at the International Cafe are a nice splurge and this cafe is open 24 hours.
Please follow the dress guidelines. Seeing passengers dressed nicely felt special.

1 Comment