Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

First Cruise

Sail Date: June 12, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

This was our first cruise and we found the service to be wonderful. Our room stewart Kystan was wonderful. We also really enjoyed dining with the open plan and night my daughter was really tired and Yan and Sandra were so conscientious of her condition they livened her up by making fun hats with napkins. Before you  know it, we all had fun napkin hats and were taking photos with the team. After that night our daughter only wanted to eat where they were working.

I'd say the kids club hours don't make sense to me to go for a few hours, then break for two. Once I had to check them out I couldn't get them to go back. I also think some of the activities were seriously cheesy. Why would anyone want to go to a seminar on weight loss on a cruise? You could have done so many more interesting things like cooking classes or events tied to the location, like a Salmon themed evening.

Room was much bigger than I anticipated and balcony was really big and gracious. Even bathroom was nice!
Great job here, really streamlined and fast!
Why do you waste the best part of the ship on the upsell "Sanctuary" when we saw 6 people there one day and 5 the next. For what folks pay, open it up for free. Also, can't you cover a pool or two, it is Alaska after all, temperatures will be cold and windy so a lot of wasted space that families would really enjoy using. People just kept moving from one pool to another in mass frustration. Also heat the pool to keep people happy.
They would not let me 7 and 9 year old be together unless they wanted to be in 3-7 year old program which was impossible to sell to a 9 year old. Her misery made us miserable.
The magic show was good, the Color show was ok at best and the last show some magic work in progress was so bad we literally walked out. Stop trying to create something new, just do excerpts of Cats or something people know and like.
Seattle, Washington
Ketchikan, Alaska
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska
Victoria, British Columbia
Why don't you just pay the extra docking fee and make it a real excursion, that would make folks much happier and leaves a sour taste to an otherwise good event.

Make sure you bring stuff to do with kids on rainy days at not many options at all!