Royal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Beautiful ship the service was poor

Sail Date: January 08, 2015

This was my first time cruising with Princess. I was on the Royal Princess on a 10 day Southern Caribbean with 3 other people. The Royal Princess ship is beautiful but the service was not what I expected.  I've been on Norwegian and Carnival ships and the service on these ships were amazing. I spoke to other people on the boat who have cruised with Princess and they also said the Royal was very different then what they remember from the other ships.   On the Royal Princess, we were finished eating before we got our drinks, if we were on the deck by the pool we had to go to the bar ourselves to get water or drinks.  I was on a 10 day cruise and my sheets were not changed all that time.  The crew is very nice, but I don't think they are being trained properly.

The staff was all very polite but not prompt
I enjoyed all the shows on the cruise.
I felt the cabin was smaller then Carnival or Norwegian
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Our last day we had about 10 hours to waste, we had a great time in Fortlauderdale. We took a taxi to the beach had lunch and walked around
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
This Island was great we had a very nice relaxing day
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
This was a nice island we took a shuttle to the beach, very nice it rained for a short amount of time and then it got very warm nice time.
Worse day, it rained all day very gloomy, couldn't book a whale watching excursion because they were booked.
St. George's, Grenada
This was a nice island , rained all day so only did some shopping
Bonaire, Netherlands Special Municipality
This Island is absolutaly beautiful had a great day on the beach
Oranjestad, Aruba
I was in Aruba with another cruise ship and went to a different beach then the one we went to this time. Wasn't crazy about this beach. Was a beautiful day

The elevators on the ship took forever and always full, I don't think there were enough for the amount of passengers.

1 Comment