Review of Oceania's Riviera, Rome to Rome Cruise, from June 18-28 2014

Riviera Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Second Mate

10 Night Mediterranean Pathways (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 18, 2014
Ship: Riviera

There are many words that could be used to describe the Riviera but "elegant" captures it best. Not an intimidating elegance but rather a quiet 5 star hotel elegance. Right from the start my wife and I knew this cruise would be different from anything we had experienced in the past. After being on board for only an hour I wondered if everything I was experiencing was as it appeared. I began looking for flaws; there had to be flaws. Sorry, I'm a sceptic by nature. I wondered, was the entire staff as friendly as the members we met when we boarded the ship? Was the entire ship as clean as it appeared on the surface? Would the food on the entire cruise be as good as what we were served at the Welcome Lunch? By the end of the cruise I had my answers. Yes! Yes! and Yes! The staff, the cleanliness and the food all combined to bring back memories of my early days of cruising when cruise ships were more than floating motels serving cafeteria style food to passengers whose main goal was to consume voluminous amounts of alcohol.