Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Great time overall

Sail Date: June 03, 2016

I went with my two children, ages 18 and 10, on the Rhapsody of the Seas cruise to Greece and the Adriatic.  I felt the 10 days was a perfect amount of time for the vacation and the spacing of the at sea and at port days was great.  The ship is a little older but it still kept in great shape with very friendly and accommodating staff.  There was a little less for my 18 year old to do on the ship, but that is based on his personal interests.  The ports of call were fantastic.  I'm looking forward to doing another European cruise because it's the best way to see multiple places while not having to pack up and move constantly.

There was room for myself and my two kids. We had a murphy type bed from the ceiling and we weren't tripping over each other. Was surprised by the room compared to other cruises I have been on.
Very organized.
The elevators had an odor - but basically from being at sea and the dampness. Not from being dirty - just environmental situation.
I researched and booked all my excursions independently and it went off without a hitch. Saved money from the onboard excursions and got to tailor my experience to our family and interests.
The staff was great at having stuff planned. There seemed to be a dead time daily from around 2pm until 5pm- even on at sea days. There just aren't as many "extras" on this ship because it's smaller. I know this ship has to be smaller to get into the smaller ports so it's just something you have to deal with.
The kids program was just a small room that geared more towards the young ones. The "tween" set was kind of stuck. There was an arcade on board but it would nickel and dime you to death.
I loved the staff - many fun and energetic people. They had variety in the shows which was entertaining.
Fantastic. Had read other reviews stating the staff didn't like their jobs - I never encountered one person who wasn't extremely helpful and nice to everyone.
The Windjammer I renamed the Barfjammer. Food was not very good. The Edelweiss restaurant was very good. We were able to get seated nightly without reservations. Great service as well.