Great cruise but we're done with Royal Caribbean
Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean
Sail Date: October 21, 2015
Cabin Number: 4544
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 1 year ago
We enjoyed this cruise; the ports of call were excellent and the ship itself is very nice. The cabin and dining room staff were pleasant and onboard entertainment was good.
Nevertheless, we have agreed that we will not book another cruise on Royal Caribbean. In the words of others, it seems that Royal Caribbean constantly is “ripping off” its customers. Examples:
- A 1 liter bottle of water from the stateroom mini-bar is priced at $6.00
- A 1.3 ounce can of Pringles also is priced at $6.00
- When our $95.00 trip was cancelled in Athens, by asking employees in the port cruise center, we learned of an express bus—port to the Acropolis—with a €4, 24-hour ticket
- Transfer from the ship to the train station in Civitavecchia—a 10-15 minute ride—cost $25.00 per person; transfer to FCO cost $75.00 per person (x 40 persons per bus = $1,000 or $3,000!)
- Royal Caribbean “strongly advised” online check-in for return flights but charged $15.00 for one hour of Wi-Fi access
We were pleased with the service provided by our agent, J.J. She was knowledgeable and accessible when we needed to contact her.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Deck 5, the Promenade Deck, is closed at the bow. The walking track is on Deck 10.