Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

My first cruise.

Sail Date: May 23, 2014

This was  first cruise for me.  My younger sister gave my twin sister and I (she went too) this cruise as a birthday present.  I have heard that one should be on the larger cruise ships because there is more to do, but I loved the size of the Rhapsody.  We got to know the wonderful staff by name and got to know most  places on the ship.  I particularily enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool, sitting in quiet spots to read and looking at the water-oh, and of course eating the wonderful food.  I've never wanted to go on a cruise before because I do not like dancing or shows but there is a lot more to a cruise than the entertainment.  The best of all, really, besides the views of mountains and glaciers, was the friendliness and care of the people who worked on the ship, from the captain to the housekeepers.  The only complaints I have or very small---there is a long wait at the pier before boarding, and the coffee was not so good. The towns in Alaska we visited were very touristy but my sisters and I walked to areas where not as many tourists frequented.  And many on shore excursions are available.  We went zip-lining.  Yikes!

The ship was constantly being cleaned and even painted.
There was a great variety of international food.
We especially remember our waiters and our houskeepers
The music I heard was good. I walked on deck 11 and swam
Onboard Activities I really didn't do any planned activities
The scenery was very beautiful. The towns had too many touristy shops. Diamonds anyone?
Even though it had no windows, I found it large enough for three people. It was kept so very clean. Oh, the housekeeper made us animals out of towels!
Seattle, Washington
We went to Pike's Market and spent hours there
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
I could look at the water any time, all the time, with or without whales.
Juneau, Alaska
The townspeople were really nice. We found a Japanese restaurant that was empty except for us.
Skagway, Alaska
Lots of stores for tourists. The zip line guys helped my sisters and I find our inner amazons
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
We were there on a clear day. The captain turned the boat around so that we could look for a long time at the glaciers.
Victoria, British Columbia
I only wish we'd had more time there. We rented bikes and rode around the park

The Windjammer has food from all over the world. Don't get a room under the dance floor if you go to bed early.