Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Alaska Cruistour

Sail Date: July 11, 2014

I enjoyed our cruisetour.  My wife and I traveled with our two boys ages 10 and 12.  Alaska was beatiful and so was the weather.  We booked a shore excursion through Royal Caribean in Keitchan.  We went zip lining and it was awesome.  Great staff and a lot of fun.  The waiters and room attendants on the ship were great!  I could have not asked for better service.  I was a little disappointed with the land section of our cruietour.  We were not given our itenerary until we dimembarked the ship therefore we could not book any excursions before we left.  I felt rushed at many of the stops.  We were not allowed to check into the hotel in Aleska until 4:00 and we had to leave at 10:00 the next morning.  There was a lot to explore there and we simply were not allowed the time to do it.  I felt like the tour guide and bus driver just killed time to get us to each new time for check in.  I would have much rathered getting to a town early, been allowed to explore and checked into our rooms later.  There was plenty to do at each stop.  I would rather wonder around a town or hike trails that sit on a bus all day.   I loved all the different cities that we got to see and we did a lot of fun things.

Dining room was great, Windjammer was the same food everyday.
I expected much better entertainment. The last night's comedian was awful!
There were not age appropriate activities for my children. The teen programs were too old for my 12 year old and my 10 year old felt like it was just babysitting. They both went only once.
The rock wall and mini golf were fun. Not a whole lot of other things we were interested in.
I did not mind the interior room. It was nice that it was dark at night since Alaska does not get much darkness!
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
We saw a school of about 100 Dall Porpoises this day.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Zip lining was awesome!
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska
I can't believe all the whales that we saw while on a whale watching trip!
Juneau, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
The Glacier was beautiful and we had plenty of time to see it.
Seward (Anchorage), Alaska
The sealife center was great!