Wonderful, everything I expected and so much more.

Oosterdam Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Oosterdam

24 Night Adriatic & Greek Odyssey (Venice Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 30, 2018

Ship: Oosterdam

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

This was our first time in Europe and we could not have chosen a better itinerary and better cruise line. We usually travel with our kids on NCL, this was just the Hubby and me and we loved Holland America.

Embarkation

It went better than any in the USA.

Ship experiences

very good. I don''t really do buffets, but my husband loved it.

Ocean Bar

My favorite place during happy hour.

B.B. King's Blues Club

Great music.

I found that there was not a lot to do during the days but the shows were excellent.

Thermal Suites

We came here everyday.

Neptune Lounge

We went here often.

Massage / Steam Rooms

Had 2 massages and they were both very good.

Hydro Pool

I was there everyday. Excellent.

Guest Services / Excursions

I don't give it a 5 because there was one person there who appeared to be having a bad day, everyday.

Greenhouse Spa And Salon

Had a few services done and it was very nice.

Fitness Center

used it a few times and it was very clean.

Beauty Salon

Had my hair done and my nails. I'm very picking with both and the blowed dried my hair great and they did a pretty nice job on my nails.

music, shows I enjoyed it all.

Lincoln Center Stage

We both enjoyed this very much.

Art Gallery

Beautiful pieces. My husbands favorite part of the cruise.

Don''t remember the cabin# it was a veranda and it was spacious and very clean.

Ports of call

Venice, Italy

LOVE it! This was my first time and I have gone back 2 more times.

Split, Croatia

Beautiful place, the people where specially nice and very beautiful. When I was in High School I loved World History and always wanted to visit Yugoslavia. Glad I was able to visit the New Free Countries.

Dubrovnik, Croatia

My favorite port in the world so far. When back in 2019.

Sarande, Albania

We just walked outside the port and it was not nice. Building are still destroyed from the war in 1991. Lot's of homeless people. Just not what I expected.

Katakolon (Olympia), Greece

Going to Olympia was in my bucket list since I was a child. It was an amazing experience.

Souda (Chania), Crete

Beautiful, we went to the monastery and the cemetery where all the Martyrs from WWII are buried. Then we went to a small Venetian Harbor. Best olive oil.

Mykonos, Greece

No tours here, we just walked around Little Venice and saw the windmills. Had an amazing lunch and too beautiful pictures.

Valletta, Malta

We did the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus and stopped at a beautiful Botanical Garden. Then we just drove around the City. Beautiful place.

Mgarr, Malta

Took a tour to the Red Beach. Very cold but very beautiful.

Palermo, Sicily

Palermo reminded me of Manhattan. We went to a little town called Cefalus. It was very quaint and beautiful. Then we went back and I spend some time in the designer district close to the ship. It's within walking distance from the port.

Naples, Italy

Naples is crazy. But we took a tour to Positano and drove through the Amalfi Coast then to Pompeii. The Amalfi coast is a most see. Pompeii is extraordinary. We also stopped in Sorento for some Limoncello.

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

We stayed in Rome overnight and went to visit the Vatican on our own. What an amazing experience. We went to Mass, my sister was there two days later and saw the Pope giving mass. So lucky.

Disembarkation

Beautiful, we stayed on the ship until most of the passengers got off. Then it was super easy.

Traveler Photos

Botanical Gardens Amalfi Coast Olympia Mykonos Red Beach Cefalus Grocery store in Naples.