Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

pleasantly surprised

Sail Date: May 25, 2015

This was the first time I have ever taken a cruise, and not knowing what to expect exactly, was pleasantly surprised. I thought Norwegian met or exceeded my expectations in almost every way. The only  things I could complain about were that the windows were not clean from the start, and the embarkation process took a long time. I think we waited in line for almost an hour. They did attempt to clean the windows on the fifth day of the cruise, just before we went into Glacier Bay. It would have been nice to do this from the start, especially when going through the inside passage where there is so much to see.

The food was very good and plentiful, and the service was very good, though sometimes it took a while to get a food or a drink in the sports bar. But we weren't really in a hurry, and it was busy in there.

95% of the time the crew was very friendly and accommodating. Some of the crew could have been a little more friendly. I think that this can be attributed to the fact that all service charges are included. I think that fundamentally when people have to earn their tip they are friendlier and more accommodating.

All in all I would recommend Norwegian and this itinerary.

did not participate in too many
great itinerary
First cruise, I have nothing to compare it to.
Really talented musicians
Bryson was an excellent steward
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
Ketchikan, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska
Cruise Glacier Bay
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
It was foggy and overcast, The captian made one attempt to get close but due to fog ang and Ice decided to turn around. Was very dissapointed. It would have been nice to maybe wait around a little a see if the fog would have cleared but we just hastily turned around and let.
Seward (Anchorage), Alaska